SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Walnut Hollow® shield-style plaque: 9"x12"
- Small oval plaque or foam core board
- Wood stain
- 1/4 yd decorative burlap
- Scrap pieces of batting
- 1 yd cording to match
- 2 tree branches that look like antlers
- White glue
- Drill & bit
- Fine sandpaper
- Foam brush
- Paper towels
- Spray varnish
1. To prepare shield plaque, use bit in drill to fit size of branches. Drill holes for faux antlers. Sand wood surface with fine sandpaper and wipe dust off with damp paper towel. Use foam brush to apply wood stain, wipe excess with paper towel. Dry thoroughly.
2. Spray plaque with 2-3 coats of varnish. Dry thoroughly.
3. Layer several pieces of batting on the oval plaque or foam core board. Cover batting with burlap and tape in place on back.
4. Adhere faux antlers in drilled holes.
5. Adhere matching cording or trim around the burlap-covered oval.