Faux Mosaic Canvas
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Faber-Castell Design Memory Craft ®:
Stamper’s Big Brush Pens: Black, 3ct Blue Collection, 3ct Red Collection, 3ct Yellow Collection, 3ct Green Collection
Stamper’s Big White Pen
Gelatos® 4ct Neutral Collection
- DCWV The Timeless Texture Stack patterned paper
- Penny Black:
Creative Die 51-007 Tagged
Slapstick/Cling Stamp 40-309 Truly Great
- Winsor & Newton Artists’ Canvas Deep Edge 6 in x 6 in
- Americana Decou-Page medium
- Glue Dots ½ inch clear
- Taklon craft brush
- Judikins embossing powder, Opaque White
- Tsukineko VersaMark watermark stamp pad
- American Crafts Zap embossing heat gun
- Self-adhesive pearls, black
- Trim patterned paper into 1 in x 1 in squares and adhere to canvas using decoupage medium. Decoupage larger 1.5 in x 5.75 in pieces of black patterned paper to sides of canvas. Allow to dry.
- Color using Stamper’s Big Brush pens around each square, using coordinating colors to match paper squares. Blend with fingertip before ink dries on surface. Follow this same process to add black outline around each square.
- Stamp sentiment onto black patterned paper, trimmed to 2.5 in x 2.5 in, using VersaMark ink. Sprinkle with white embossing powder and heat to set. Adhere to canvas using decoupage medium. Once dry, outline sentiment with black Stamper’s Big Brush Pen and blend with fingertip.
- Color with black Gelato around edges of canvas and on sides. Blend with fingertip.
- Draw white lines and dots using Stamper’s Big White Pen. Color around sentiment with Stamper’s Big White Pen and blend with fingertip. Follow this same process on sides of canvas.
- Adhere die cut butterflies to canvas. Embellish with self-adhesive pearls.