Feather and Fan Shawl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Shawl In A Ball: Community Coral, 1 ball, or color of choice
- Lion Brand® knitting needles size 10.5 (6.5 mm)
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- About 18" x 51" (45.5 x 129.5 cm)
- 20 sts = about 4" (10 cm) over Rows 1-4 of pattern.
- BE SURE TO CHECK YOUR GAUGE.
- STITCH EXPLANATION
- Yo (yarn over)
- An increase that also creates a small decorative hole (eyelet) in the fabric, worked as follows:
- 1. Bring yarn to front, between the needles.
- 2. Take yarn to back, over the right hand needle. This creates the new st. You are now ready to proceed with the next st as instructed.
- Shawl is worked in one piece in an easy traditional lace pattern.
- Loosely cast on 90 sts.
- Knit 4 rows.?Begin Pattern
- Row 1 (RS): Knit. ?Row 2: Purl.?Row 3: *(K2tog) 3 times, (yo, k1) 6 times, (k2tog) 3 times; rep from * across – 90 sts.
- Row 4: Knit.?Repeat Rows 1-4 until piece measures about 49 in. (124.5 cm) from beginning, end with a Row 4 as the last row you work.
- Knit 4 rows.
- Bind off loosely.
- Dampen Shawl thoroughly. Spread a towel onto a flat surface, then lay Shawl onto towel and smooth into shape. Gently shape Shawl to match finished measurements. Use blocking wires if desired to further shape Shawl. Allow to air dry.
- Weave in ends.
- k = knit
- k2tog = knit 2 stitches together
- rep = repeat
- RS = right side
- st(s) = stitch(es)