SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pattern for vest, shrug, or caplet: Simplicity™ 2478 or 1943, Burda™ 7289, or McCalls™ M6443
- Fabric- following pattern directions
- Zucker marabou boas
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
- Using pattern, cut out all necessary pieces for the garment, including lining.
- Following the instructions provided with the chosen pattern, construct the basic garment. Stop before sewing the lining in. Set the lining aside for now.
- Lay the garment flat, facing up. Position the first marabou boa around the edges of the piece—neckline, armholes, and bottom edges. Using straight pins, pin the boas in place.
- Thread a needle with a matching colored thread and begin to baste the boas onto the fabric. Stitches should go through or over the cotton cord center of the boas and be spaced about one inch apart.
- Now simply repeat this basting process, laying down parallel lines of boa to cover the entire garment. The lines should be approximately one inch apart, or spaced such that no underlying fabric is visible.
- Once the outer piece is covered with the boas, sew in the lining according to the pattern instructions.
Items in This Collection
Item # xprd77479
Available for U.S. Shipping Only