SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Pattern for vest: McCall‘s&® M6443
- Fabric for lining
- Zucker Marabou boa
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
1. Cut out all pattern pieces from main fabric and lining fabric to form desired vest shape.
2. Sew the vest following pattern instructions. Stop before sewing the lining in.
3. Lay vest flat, facing up. Position first marabou boa around the edges of the vest (neckline, armholes and bottom edges). Using straight pins, pin the boas in place.
4. Thread a needle with matching thread and baste the boas onto the vest fabric. Stitch through the cotton cord center of the boa and space 1“ apart.
5. Repeat the pasting process, laying down parallel lines of boas to cover the entire garment. Space so no underlying fabric is visible.
6. Once boas cover the outer piece, sew in the lining according to the pattern instructions.