Felt Finger Puppets
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Felt remnants in assorted colors
- Embellishments: wiggle eyes, feathers, yarn, etc.
- Clear-drying craft glue
- Fine black felt-tip marker
FOR MAKING PUPPET BODY:
- Making body: Photocopy desired puppet body pattern, enlarging or reducing size as desired; cut out.
- Cut 2 bodies from felt. Carefully squeeze line of glue around outer edge of 1 body piece; glue second body piece to first to create finger opening. (Make sure to let glue dry thoroughly before putting puppet on finger.)
EMBELLISH as desired or as follows:
- Owl: Cut 2 bodies, 1 head and 2 inner wings from brown felt and 1 beak, 1 head piece and 2 outer wings from golden yellow felt. Assemble body as above. Glue on beak and wings as pictured. Glue 2 wiggle eyes in place on head; glue small brown feather behind head.
- Lion: Cut 2 bodies and 1 muzzle from golden yellow felt. Cut 1 head from orange felt. Cut 1 tongue from red felt and 1 nose from black felt. Assemble body as pictured, and decorate head as pictured, drawing eyes with black marker. Cut several strands of yellow yarn for mane; glue 1 end of each strand around back of lion head. Glue head to body.
- Elephant: Cut 2 bodies and 2 outer ears from gray felt. Cut 1 trunk from dark purple felt and 2 inner ears from pink felt. Assemble ears as pictured. Assemble body as pictured, sandwiching ears between body pieces before gluing. Glue trunk to face and draw eyes with black marker.
- Monkey: Cut 2 bodies and 2 ears from tan felt. Cut 1 head and 1 outer mouth from cream felt and 1 inner mouth from red felt. Attach ears to body the same as for elephant. Glue mouth and head to body; draw eyes with black marker.
- Bird: Cut 2 bodies from turquoise felt. Cut 2 wings from fuchsia felt and 1 beak from golden yellow felt. Assemble body as pictured, sandwiching wings between body pieces before gluing. Glue beak and 2 wiggle eyes in place on head; glue magenta feather behind head.
- Pig: Cut 2 bodies and 2 inner ears from pink felt. Cut 1 snout and 2 outer ears from magenta felt. Attach ears to body same as for elephant. Glue snout to head; draw nostrils and eyes with black marker.