1. Cut 1 yd of wool felt into a circle. Cut a second circle in the center, to create a ring.
Circle cutting tips
Cut into a square by laying one short raw edge against one long raw edge and trimming the excess. Next, fold the square in half and half again, to make a smaller square. Fold this small square into a triangle, so that the very center of the fabric is at the point. Place the triangle on the cutting mat and cut a peice of string or twine the length from paint to edge of felt.
Hold one end of the string at the point of the triangle and with a pen to mark a line, sweep the other end of the string along the opposite end of the fabric, drawing a curve onto the fabric.
At the tip of the folded triangle, measure 4" from the point and draw a second curve using the string as a guide.
Cut along the two marked curved lines and open the fabric out. This will form a circle with a hole in the center.
2. Sew bias tape to the outer and inner raw edges of the ring.
3. Use the Fuse ornaments mini design set to cut multiple shapes from the assorted wool felt.
4. Add detail to a selection of the ornaments by sewing ric rac, ribbon or lace through the center for a decorative effect.
5. Position the ornaments on the tree skirt arranging as desired.
6. Hold the ornaments in place with fabric spray adhesive or pins.
7. Sew the ornaments to the tree skirt. Use a bright thread and vary the stitches for a fun look.