Felted Leaves Coasters
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Lion Brand® Fishermen’s Wool™:Natureʼs Brown 1 skein (A)Brown Heather 1 skein (B)Oatmeal 1 skein (C)or colors of choice
- Lion Brand®:Crochet hook size J-10Stitch markerLarge-eyed blunt needle
- Rubber gloves
- Hand soap, dish soap or shampoo
About 4" diameter, after felting
Materials are sufficient to make multiple Coasters.
13 sc = 4"
EXACT GAUGE IS NOT ESSENTIAL FOR THIS PROJECT.
1. Coasters are worked in continuous rnds; do not join and do not turn at beg of rnds. Use a marker to indicate the beg of rnd. Move marker up as each rnd is completed.
2. Completed Coasters are lightly felted by hand.
COASTER (make 6 – 2 each with A, B, and C)
Rnd 1: Work 7 sc in 2nd ch from hook. Place marker in first st for beg of rnd; move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: Sc in next sc, 2 sc in next 6 sc – 13 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: Work 2 sc in each sc around – 26 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 4: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 5: *2 sc in next sc, sc in next sc; rep from * around – 39 sts.
Rnd 6: Sc in each sc around.
Rnd 7: (Sk next 2 sc, 5 dc in next sc, sk next 2 sc, sl st in next sc) 3 times, (2 dc, tr) in next sc, ch 4, sl st in 4th ch from hook (picot made), (tr, 2 dc) in next sc, sl st in next sc, (sk next 2 sc, 5 dc in next sc, sk next 2 sc, sl st in next sc) 3 times, ch 5 for stem, sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 3 ch, sl st in base of Leaf. Fasten off.
Weave in ends.
Fill sink with hot water and small amount of liquid soap (hand or dish soap or even shampoo will work). Wearing rubber gloves, submerge Leaves in soapy water. Rub surface of knit fabric, working over entire surface until sts begin to lose their definition. Rinse gently to remove soap. Allow to dry.
beg = begin(ning)
ch = chain
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sl st = slip stitch
st(s) = stitch(es)
tog = together
tr = triple (treble) crochet