Felted Wool Balls
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wool yarn (1 skein makes 2 balls)
- Yarn needle
- Nylon stocking or socks
- Washer and dryer
1. Wrap wool around fingers several times.
2. Remove from fingers and wrap into a ball.
3. Continue wrapping tightly until ball is about the size of a tennis ball. Note: balls will shrink when felted.
4. Cut yarn and thread end onto needle.
5. Weave thread under and around ball to secure, tuck in end.
6. Place each ball inside a nylon stocking or sock and knot or tie closed.
7. Soak in hot water, squeeze out excess water and dry in a hot dryer.
8. Repeat soaking and drying until balls are felted.