Fern Leaf Hurrican
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Martha Stewart Crafts™:Adhesive Silkscreen -FernsGlass Paint -- Frost Translucent: Root Beer FloatGlass Paint -- Metallic Opaque: Yellow GoldGlass Paint -- Gloss Opaque: Spring PastureGlass Paint Stenciling SetGlass Patterning Tape
- Hurricane vases
- Brush basin
- Paper towels
- Foam plate
1. Wash surfaces in warm soapy water. Allow to dry. Wipe with rubbing alcohol to remove any residue.
2. Measure and tape around bottom of glass to create a border. Using a pouncer tool, apply Frost Translucent Root Beer Float in the taped off area. Apply a second coat if a stronger color is desired. Let dry completely.
3. Cut out desired design elements. Remove the backing from the silkscreen and set aside to later store the silkscreen. Position silk screen on glass surface where desired; press in place.
4. Silkscreen leaf designs using Yellow Gold and Spring Pasture with a pouncer. Pour a small amount of paint onto a foam plate. Load the paint sparingly on a pouncer, dab off excess, and tap onto silkscreen. Apply second coat if necessary.
5. While paint is still wet, carefully peel off the silkscreen. Wash and completely dry silkscreens before reusing. Let painted designs dry for 30 minutes before applying another silkscreen. Allow project to dry completely.
6. Rinse silkscreens and tools immediately after use to remove excess paint. Do not allow paint to dry on silkscreen.
7. All painted glass projects should be cured to increase the paint's durability. Use either of the following techniques:
8. Bake to Cure - Place dry painted glassware into cool oven. Set oven to 350 degress F and bake for 30 minutes. Glass must heat gradually with the oven to avoid breakage. Do not place glass in a hot oven. After 30 minutes, turn off the oven. Allow glass to cool completely in oven. Wait 72 hours before using.
9. Air Cure - Air dry completed projects for 21 days before using.