Festive Holiday Garland
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Paper maché craft cone (4)
- Red fabric
- Red cording
- White fur trim
- Red tassels (2)
- Adhesive gems
- Glue gun & glue sticks
- Wire cutters
Read through the directions before starting & use the photo as a guide.
1. Lay the fabric wrong side up on work surface. Glue a bead of glue from top to bottom of the cone and place onto the fabric. Pull the fabric around the cone glueing while pulling. Cut off any excess and secure in place. At the tip of the cone, pull up any excess and glue to the back at the seam. Repeat with all 4 cones.
2. Glue trim around the top of the cone by adding glue around the top 1” of the cone. Place the fur along the glue and fold any excess inside the cone. Glue and secure the inside fur in place with glue.
3. Fold the cord in half to find the center point. Measure 4" from either direction, glue a cone at each point. Glue the cording just below the fur trim on the back of the cone. Measure 8" from each cone and glue another cone at each point. All 4 cones should now be attached to the cording.
4. Cut one end of the loop at the top of the tassel so there is a single string attached to the tassels top. Glue the end of the cording to the top of the tassel and use the string to wrap around where the two meet to create a finished edge. Repeat with the other tassel on the other cord end.
5. Cut up the adhesive gems and place them on the cones to embellish each cone.
Glue buttons and foliage around the gems for added interest. (Use wire cutters to cut the loops off of the leaves.)