Festive Jingle Bells Bag
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Two 11"x14" fabrics for bag & lining
- 11"x11" fabric for cuff
- Basic sewing supplies
- Floral foam block
- Maidenhair stem
- Rose stem
- 3 Japanese pine stems
- Rattail cording, 1 1/2 yds each: 2 colors
- Ten 1" jingle bells:red & gold
- Tacky glue
- Floral cutters
- Iron & ironing board
DIRECTIONS: All seams will be 1/2". RS = Right side)(s)
1. Fold fabric for bag in half and stitch along 14" side and bottom.
2. Fold lining in half and stitch side and bottom leaving an opening for turning.
3. Fold cuff in half, RS together, and sew seam. Press seam, and fold in half with wrong sides together.
4. Place raw edge of cuff to RS of top of bag, place RS of lining over bag & cuff. Stitch top using 1/2" seam.
5. Turn bag through opening in lining and turn lining inside bag. Press.
6. Cut floral foam to fit in bag.
7. Cut 2 pine stems to fill bag opening.
8. Cut rose and arrange into bag.
9. Snip pieces of maidenhair fern and add to arrangement for color and texture.
10. Holding both colors of rattail cording together, make a loop for hanging and knot. Sew knot to bag at upper left corner of bag.
11. Tie bells on cording randomly down bag. Dab glue on knot of last bell. When dry, trim excess cording.