SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Wilton foodcrafting supplies:
Roll-out cookies recipe (available on joann.com)
12 " rolling pin
Round cut-outs fondant cutters (largest used)
Non-stick cookie sheet
10" x 16" non-stick cooling grid
Bite-size tree silicone mold
Royal Icing mix
Royal Icing recipe (available on joann.com)
Kelly Green icing color
15" parchment triangles
Cake decorating tip 3
12" disposable decorating bags
6-mix Christmas Sprinkle Assortment (red and green colored sugars, confetti used)
Jumbo stars sprinkles
9" angled spatula
1. Prepare dough according to recipe. Roll out half the dough 1/8" thick. Cut cookies using largest round Cut-Out. Bake and cool completely on cooling grid. Fill silicone mold half full with remaining dough. Bake in mold supported by cookie sheet. Cool in mold for a few minutes, unmold and then transfer to cooling grid to cool completely.
2. Prepare royal icing according to mix. Tint portions light and dark green; reserve some white. Position tree cookies on cooling grid over parchment paper-covered cookie sheet and cover with thinned light and dark green icing. Allow to set until dry.
3. For red garland, use a cut parchment bag and piping gel to pipe stripes. Sprinkle with red sugar from assortment. Allow to set until dry.
4. For red-and-green ornaments, use tip 3, a cut decorating bag and full-strength dark green icing to attach jumbo nonpareils to cookie. Allow to set until dry.
5. For multi-colored garland, use a cut parchment bag and piping gel to pipe stripes. Sprinkle with nonpareils. Allow to set until dry.
6. For green ornaments, use a cut parchment bag and piping gel to pipe dots. Sprinkle with green sugar from assortment. Allow to set until dry.
7. For multi-colored ornaments, use tip 3, a cut decorating bag and full-strength icing to attach confetti. Allow to set until dry.
8. Use tip 3, a cut decorating bag and full-strength green icing to attach jumbo stars on top of all cookies. Allow to set until dry.
9. Ice circle cookies with full-strength white icing and spatula, creating a mound 1/4". Place trees on top; let set until dry.
Project Tip: To thin royal icing, add a small amount of water until you reach proper consistency. Icing can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to two weeks. Bring to room temperature for decorating; remix before using.