Fiendish Fingers Appetizer Skewers
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fimo Soft Clay blocks, one each: orange, green, plum
- 1 pkg. Bamboo skewers or long toothpicks
- Smooth tile or clear protective sheet to serve as work surface
- Brown paper grocery bag
- Small amount of aluminum foil
- Polymer clay tools
- Scissors or wire cutters
- Craft knife
- Amaco Polymer Clay & Craft Oven or standard oven
- Metal tray to bake clay
- Cut bamboo skewers or long toothpicks in half with wire cutters.
- Cut Fimo Soft Clay into quarters. Condition 1 piece of clay until it is soft and pliable, following package directions.
- Squeeze Fimo Soft Clay into a log shape using your fingers and pressing into the palm of your hand. Final shape should look like a roll with 3 bumps.
- Insert bamboo skewer 3/4" into log from the fattest end, with the sharp skewer end remaining on the outside. Lay on a flat surface and use your small finger to press on tip of log, making imprint for fingernail.
- Cut a very small portion of a different color of Fimo Soft Clay and condition. Roll in palm of hand and shape into an oval. Continue working into a fingernail shape. Press into imprint on finger.
- Use polymer clay tool to make creases across finger for joints.
- Roll up small amount of foil into a ball and press onto finger for added wrinkles.
- Cut a large rectangular piece of brown paper bag. Place fingers on brown paper bag and then on a metal tray that will not be used for food preparation. Bake in oven for 30 minutes, at 230 degrees. DO NOT over-bake. Allow to cool before handling.
- Only hand wash finished clay fingers.
- Note: Approximate crafting time does not include baking and cooling time.