SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- DCWV® 12"x12" Fiesta Forever stack
- Clay pot
- Styrofoam® balls
- Wooden dowel
- Orange, yellow & blue grosgrain ribbon in assorted widths
- Yellow shredded paper
- Paper crafting adhesive (including hot glue & Mod Podge® adhesive)
- Paper trimmer
1. Decorate the pot with prints from the stack, adhering sections of them with Mod Podge® in a mosaic design to the pot. Set aside to dry.
2. Select three prints from the stack. Cut four or five 1"x12" strips from each one.
3. Beginning with first strip, make a snip every 1/4" (only going 3/4" down into the strip) along the entire length of the strip to give it a frayed edge. Repeat with remaining strips.
4. Again, beginning with your first strip (print in), roll the non-frayed edge together with the strips up. Use hot glue to adhere this in place. Once the glue is dry, push the strips out to create the flower. Repeat until there are enough flowers to cover the first Styrofoam® ball.
5. Create the center section for each flower. Take a yellow print from the stack. Cut several 1/4"x12" strips, one for each flower. Roll them into a tight ball and adhere one each into the center of each flower.
6. When everything is dry, begin assembling your topiary. Insert the second Styrofoam® ball into the top of the clay pot. Cover the Styrofoam® ball with the shredded paper.
7. Insert the dowel into the center of the Styrofoam® ball in the pot, and then insert the other Styrofoam® ball into the other end of the dowel. Adhere the flowers in place around the ball on top.
8. Accent display with ribbons tied onto the dowel, just below the flowers.