SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 8" clay pot
- Six 1-1/2" mini clay pots
- Clay saucers: one 7" & 10", two 3"
- Styrofoam brand foam
- Acrylic paint, 2 each: Ceramcoat Empire Gold, Americana Tuscan Red
- Craft knife
- 2 rolls florist sticky clay
- Hot-melt glue gun, glue sticks
- Wire cutter, bolt cutter (for thick stems)
- Pick tool, steel picks
- 3 pkgs Carolina Candle Collection tapers, sage green
- 2 pkgs natural mix deco sand
- Faux floral:
- 4" Agave pick
- 4-3/4" Cactus
- 18" African twig spray
- Two each: 24" Dracaena & Cordyline sprays
- Three 25" Eucalyptus sprays
- 26" Cymbidium spray
- 26" Eucalyptus berry spray
- Two 27" curly Bamboo
- Three 36" Bird of Paradise sprays
- Wash clay pots and allow to dry. Paint 8" clay pot and 2 mini pots with 2 coats of Tuscan Red. Allow to dry between coats. Paint 10" saucer and 2 mini clay pots Empire Gold.
- Fill 8" pot with foam to 1/2" below the top. Refer to photo. Place Bird of Paradise sprays around center at 3 heights. Insert Curly Bamboo slightly higher than tallest Bird of Paradise and place shorter one in front. Insert unused stem upside down.
- Place a Dracaena spray in the center between Bird of Paradise sprays and one behind higher. Insert Cordyline sprays at sides. Place unused stem close to sprays.
- Cut Eucalyptus into pieces. Use the pick tool with steel picks to attach each piece. Insert. Reserve 2 for saucer.
- Cut Cymbidium into pieces. Cut each leaf in half. Use steel picks on each one and on cut end. Insert on left side grouped in various heights. Place some on the right side.
- Cut the 26" Eucalyptus in 2 pieces and insert in the back. Cut 2 larger pieces of African Twig stem. Pick and insert between Eucalyptus berry sprays.
- Glue small pieces of foam to hold plants in place in the 10" yellow saucer and 7" saucer. Secure with more glue. Keep foam low. Repeat for all plants. Fill in with Eucalyptus. Place Agave pick and Cactus in saucers. Fill saucers with sand.
- Cut candles to 5", 4" and 3-1/3" lengths. Place 5" candle in red pots, 4" in yellow and 3-1/3" in natural. Wrap sticky clay around base of each candle for tight fit. Fill sand around candles.