Fine Feathered Friend
- Styrofoam® brand foam balls: 2 sizes
- Felt sheets: 1 pink, 1 purple; scraps of yellow
- Holographic Glitter Sample Pack
- Package of feathers
- 2 small white flowers
- Small black pompoms
- Wire cutters, pliers
- Glitter glue, tacky glue, glue stick
- Xyron® 150 or Xyron® 500 Create-A-Sticker machine
- Scissors, craft knife
- 4 straight pins
- Skewer or toothpicks
- Thin cardboard
DIRECTIONS: Most of the felt shapes can be run through the Create-A-Sticker machine to create a sticky side.
1. Slice a bit off the small foam ball so it fits snugly against the large ball. Cut 2 circles of pink felt and glue them to where the foam balls will be joined.
2. Draw wing & tail patterns on cardboard; cut out. Glue felt to both sides of each cardboard piece. Set aside.
3. Use the craft knife to cut a slit in the small ball for the beak. Cut the beak from yellow felt; glue it into the slit. Glue a strip of pink felt above & below the beak, so white foam does not show.
4. Cut felt into small squares. Round off 2 corners to create a feather shape. Run through the Create-A-Sticker machine and attach to the bird’s head and body.
5. Use the craft knife to cut a slit in the large ball for the tail. Glue the tail into place. Glue felt above and below the tail to cover the foam. Cover the body and head completely. Join the head to the body with a wooden skewer or toothpicks. Glue to secure.
6. Run small white flowers through the Create-A-Sticker machine and attach to head. Adhere pompoms for eyes.
7. Decorate wings with glue, glitter & feathers. Glue feathers to the tail; embellish with glitter glue & glitter. Allow wings to dry. Attach wings to the bird with straight pins & tacky glue. Remove pins when glue is dry.
8. Shake glitter over the entire bird. Adhesive on the edges of the feathers will secure the glitter. Shake off the excess.
9. Cut two 18" lengths of wire; bend the wire in half and twist at the middle to form a toe. Make another toe on either side. Join the wires at the back of the foot and twist the wires together to form a leg. Push into foam body between feathers. Repeat for the other leg.