SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Kids’ Camp!(R) Warm tie-dye party pack
- Child’s T-shirt: white, 100% cotton
- Plastic tablecloth
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Pre-wash T-shirt to remove sizing; do not use fabric softener.
2. Cover work surface with plastic tablecloth. Lay damp T-shirt flat on surface.
3. Starting at bottom right corner of T-shirt, fan fold entire T-shirt into tight pleats and make sure T-shirt is pleat side up” on work surface.
4. Wearing gloves from kit, add water to red, orange and yellow dye bottles. Replace caps and shake thoroughly to mix.
5. Squeeze red along the ridge of each pleat. Open T-shirt up and lay flat on work surface. Squeeze yellow at an angle along the left side of T-shirt, moving toward the right shoulder, then fill in right side of T-shirt with orange. Refer to photo.
6. Cover T-shirt with plastic tablecloth and let it set for 6 to 8 hours, or longer for more intense colors.
7. Rinse thoroughly in warm running water until runoff is clear. Machine wash separately in a large load setting using the hottest water suitable for T-shirt fabric. Use only a small amount of laundry detergent. Dry separately.