SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Fiskars® 8" Amplify™ RazorEdge™ Shears
- 1 yard canvas
- 1 yard faux leather or other stain resistant material
- 3-1/2 yds 1-1/2" woven web strapping
- Pins or hem clips
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Square up the fabric before starting by trimming if necessary.
2. Cut the faux leather into a 26"x36" piece and a 19"x36" piece. Repeat with the canvas.
3. Along the 26" sides of the faux leather measure in 5" from each end toward the center of the edge and make marks. Along the 36" side, measure in 6" from each end toward the center of the edge and make marks. Cut from the 5" mark to the 6" mark cutting off the corners of the fabric. Repeat with the canvas.
4. Place the two fabrics right sides together on work surface and pin or hem clip in place.
5. Using a 1/2" seam allowance sew the fabric together leaving an opening for turning. Trim corners, turn inside out and hand stitch the opening closed. Use an iron on the canvas side to press the edges down flat.
6. Top stitch around the perimeter of the carrier 1/4" from the edge.
7. Cut strapping in half. Beginning at the center point of the carrier, pin one piece of the strapping to the carrier 5-1/2" in from the long side of the carrier. Repeat on the other side.
8. Sew the strap to the carrier stitching close to the edge. Stitch a box with an X on the straps at the edges of the carrier to add reinforcement.