SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1-1/2 yds Canvas or heavyweight fabric
- 2 Wood dowel rods
- Iron-on letters
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Hand saw
- Fold fabric in half with right sides together to form a rectangle that measures 22"-24" by 48".
- To create handle, on short end, measure in 9" on both sides and mark.
- Measure down 6" from the marks and draw a line from mark down and across.
- Cut fabric along the lines, rounding corners forming a U-shaped cut.
- Sew a 1/2" seam all around carrier leaving an opening for turning.
- Trim corners, turn to right side; press.
- Top stitch 1/4" in from edges.
- Measure in 3-1/2" from each short side, fold ends to marks and sew to form casing for dowels on both sides.
- Follow manufacturer's directions to iron letters onto side of carrier.
- Cut lengths of wood dowels to fit pockets; insert into pockets.