First Mate Baby Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- K&Co® BW Baby Boy Words Icons
- Herma Dotto Permanent Adhesive
- Zig 2 Way Glue Pen
- Cutterpede Strait Edge Trimmer
- Cutter Bee Scissors
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Square paper mache box
- 12"x12" light blue cardstock
- 12"x12" dark blue cardstock
- 12"x12" white cardstock
- Green ribbon
- Gift wrap ribbon
- 6" wood dowel
1. Cover base and lid of square paper mache box with light blue cardstock.
2. Draw out a wave pattern on dark blue cardstock. Cut out wave pattern. Glue cardstock to all four sides of paper mache box.
3. Wrap green ribbon around the box and tie in a bow on top of the box.
4. Draw a 5-1/2" line on white cardstock. Draw a 2" line, 2" above the 5-1/2" line, centered. On each end connect the 2 lines. Cut out shape. Repeat to create a second shape. Glue the edges together leaving the top and bottom open to create the boat. Hot glue boat to the top of the box behind the green bow.
5. Draw a 3" line on white cardstock. Draw a 2" line, 2" above the 3" line, centered. On each end connect the 2 lines. Cut out shape to crate the sail of the boat. Punch a hole on top center and bottom center of sail. Feed a 6" wood dowel through the two holes. Hot glue dowel to the inside of the boat.
6. Hot glue chipboard pieces the sail, boat base and top of the wood dowel.
7. Fill boat and embellish box with gift wrap ribbon.