Fish Valentine’s Day Card Box
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Round Boxes, 7" & 12"
- Design Master Spray Paint: Perfect Pink & Fuchsia Bright
- X-Acto® knife
- Scrapbook Paper, 1 sheet each: Light Pink, Dark Pink, Teal
- Scrapbook Paper, 2 sheets: Medium Pink
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Pink pom poms
- Darice® Paste-On Eyes
- With an X- Acto® knife, cut a slit in the lid of the small round box 1" x 5". Then cut a hole in the bottom of the small round box approximately 1” from the edge.
- On the bottom of the big round box, cut a 6” wide hole in the center.
- In a well ventilated area, spray paint the smaller box and lid with Fuchsia Bright and the big box and lid with Perfect Pink.
- Place the large box upside down, with the lid on the bottom. Hot glue the small box to the middle of the large box.
- To print the templates, click on the "Download Project PDF" button (above). Use the templates to trace and cut out shapes onto the scrapbook paper.
- Hot glue the googly eyes to the pink Pom-Poms. Decide on the placement of the face, and glue pieces in place.
- Use the template to cut out pieces for the waves. Glue along the lid of the larger box.
- For the fins, fold the flaps along the fold line. Glue two of the fins together, right sides out, along the folded flaps. Once dry, glue the ends of the fins together. Repeat for the other fun and tail.
- Decide on the placement of the fins and tail and glue in place on the box.
- Cut a piece of light pink paper 5.5” wide and a piece of the dark pink paper 3-1/2" wide. Cut ¼ strips into the paper to create the fringe. Drag a pair of scissors along each piece of fringe to make it curl. Glue the pieces onto the small box, overlapping them.