Flames of Love T-Shirt
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip fabric-crafting items:
- Soft Fabric Paint: Linen Matte, Marine Blue Matte, Scarlet Pearl, Golden Tan Matte, Olive Matte
- Glam-It-Up! Iron-On Crystals: Two 100-ct Aurora Borealis
- Cordless Heat-Setting Tool
- Fashion Art Tweezers
- Fashion Form
- Fitted white T-shirt
- Freezer paper
- Sea sponge
- Container for water
- Iron, pressing surface
- Paper plate
- Felt pen
- Washer & dryer
For best results, please read instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo.
- Wash and dry shirt before beginning project to remove sizing.
- Use felt pen to trace pattern from PDF onto dull side of freezer paper. Cut out, leaving outside edges intact to create a stencil. Iron stencil to shirt, waxy side down.
- Insert Fashion Form between layers of shirt. Squeeze small amount of each Soft Fabric Paint color onto the paper plate.
- Dampen sea sponge with water, squeeze out most of the water.
- Dab sea sponge into paints; pounce onto the shirt within the stencil openings. Blend colors with sponge.
- Let paint dry for several minutes; peel away stencil.
- Pounce and blend colors all over front of shirt around heart. Rinse out sponge and use to blend colors on shirt for watercolor effect. Allow to dry completely.
- Use Fashion Art Tweezers to place crystals in the center of heart.
- Use Cordless Heat-Setting Tool to adhere crystals to shirt, following package directions.