Fleece Flower Pillows
14” Fleece Flower Pillows (Pink)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/2 yd fleece fabric
- 9"x12" contrast fleece remnant
- 1/4 yd green fleece
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
- Chalk pencil
- Enlarge patterns.
- Cut 2 15" circles from fleece.
- With RST, sew circles together using a 1/2" seam leaving an opening for turning.
- Clip curve; turn RS out.
- Use chalk pencil to mark center of pillow then draw a 3" circle around center.
- Stuff to desired fullness and slip stitch opening closed.
- Cut out 70–80 each of the large and small petal shapes.
- Beginning about 1" above seam line glue a ring of larger petals to pillow.
- Note: when gluing petals, place a small dot of glue on the back center of petal and pinch it together. Glue edges to pillow.
- Glue two more rows of large petals about 1" above previous row.
- Switch to smaller petals and glue in the same fashion 1/2" above previous row.
- Continue gluing rows using the small petals until the drawn center circle is reached.
- Cut out 12–14 2" circles from the contrasting fleece for flower center.
- Put a drop of glue in the center of a circle, pull sides up and pinch bottom together to form a “ruffle” shape; allow the glue to dry.
- Repeat with remaining circles.
- Glue to center of pillow.
- Cut 4 leaf shapes from green fleece.
- With WST, sew around outside edge of each leaf and stitch leaf veins.
- Glue leaves to pillow under first row of petals.
Fleece Soft Sculpture Flower (Purple)
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2 ½ yd 60” Wide Fleece Fabric
- Fiber Fill
- ½ yd Green Fleece
- Hot Glue Gun and Glue Sticks
- Chalk Pencil
- Large Sewing Needle
- Heavy Weight Thread
- Basic Sewing Supplies
Note: Refer to diagrams for drawing petals onto fleece before sewing.
Petals are approximately 1” apart; 1” down from the top and 2” or 3” up from the
1. Cut 2 pieces 6” x WOF.
2. Lay on flat surface with RST.
3. Use a chalk pencil to draw the petals as shown in diagram #1.
4. Machine stitch on chalk line.
5. Cut away extra fabric ½” from stitching.
6. Clip curves and turn RS out.
7. Sew bottom closed 1/2” from edge. Set aside.
8. Cut 2 pieces 14” x WOF.
9. Follow steps 2 – 6 and draw petals as shown in diagram #2.
10. Turn RS out; top stitch ½” from seam line all the way along petals.
11. Lightly stuff each petal.
12. Sew bottom closed 1/2” from edge. Set aside.
13. Cut 2 16” x WOF and repeat using diagram #3.
14. Cut 2 12” circles from green fleece.
15. With RST, sew circles together using a ½” seam leaving an opening for turning.
16. Clip curve; turn RS out.
17. Lightly stuff into a ball shape and slip stitch opening closed.
18. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of largest petals (diagram #3); pull
stitching to gather and fit pillow “ball”.
19. Stitch petals to “ball”.
20. Sew another long running stitch all around bottom edge of largest petals and pull
stitching to form flower into a tighter shape.
K:InspirationResourcesCrafter directionsWriting Directions.doc
21. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of medium petals (diagram #2); pull
stitching to gather and fit inside of the petals.
22. Stitch petals through all thicknesses to center ball.
23. Use hot glue to help keep petals in place and form.
24. Sew a long running stitch along bottom edge of smallest petals (diagram #1); pull
stitching to gather.
25. Beginning with the smallest petal; roll the petals to fit inside the two larger sets.
26. Stitch or hot glue together.
27. Place center petals inside flower and hot glue in place.
28. Cut 2 of the outside cover.
29. Sew bottom sides together.
30. Clip curves and turn RS out.
31. Sew a running stitch along top ½” from edge.
32. Slip cover over center “ball” and up over bottom edge of petals.
33. Pull gathers to fit evenly around and slip stitch or glue to flower.