SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 2-1/2 yds Fleece
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Click Download Project PDF link above for full instructions & diagrams.
- Mark and cut body of poncho 30"x30" on fold. See diagram A.
- Mark and cut out neck opening 7-1/2"x5-1/2". See diagram B.
- With right sides together and raw edges even, stitch center back seam using a 1/2" seam allowance. Set aside.
- Cut neck piece 12" along selvedge by 20" wide.
- Fold neck piece in half, 12" sides together with right sides facing. Pin. Stitch seam using a 1/2" seamallowance. Turn neck piece right side out. Fold in half and with raw edges even, pin to right side of neck opening. Match center back seam of poncho and neck piece.
- Stitch neck piece onto poncho body using a 1/2" seam allowance.
- Mark and cut pocket 8"x13". See diagram C in PDF.
- Fold back 1" at side pocket to wrong side of fabric. Pin. Edge stitch close to raw edge on wrong side of pocket.
- Fold back 1/2" at top and bottom pocket to wrong side. Pin. Hand baste close to fold.
- Center pocket on front of poncho. Lower corners of pocket should be 3-1/2" up from bottom raw edge of poncho. Pin. Stitch pocket onto poncho 1/4" from edge of pocket at top and bottom edges only.
- Turn bottom raw edge of poncho up 5/8" to wrong side. Pin. Sew hem in place.