Fleece Rag Square Quilt
- AccuQuilt Go!® Fabric Cutter:
Square 8 1/2" Rag Square Die
10"x10" cutting mat
- Sewing machine
- Walking foot
- Basic sewing supplies
- Fleece: 3 3/4 yds black for backing
11?2 yds circle print
1 yd each: pink, yellow
2/3 yd each: orange, blue
- Rotary cutter, mat & ruler
- Blue painters' tape
- Paper towels
DIRECTIONS: WS = Wrong side(s) RS = Right side(s)
1. With rotary cutter, cut fleece into 10" squares: 63 black, 23 circle print, 11 yellow, 12 pink, 9 blue, 8 orange.
2. Use the AccuQuilt Go!® Fabric Cutter & Rag Square Die to cut each square to 8 1/2" rag quilt shape.
3. Place a printed or colored rag square on a black square WS together & pin. Repeat for total of 63 squares. Trim the square corners on all rag squares.
4. Arrange rag squares 7 across by 9 rows in a pleasing pattern on a large work surface.
5. Measure out 1" from the sewing machine needle & place painters' tape on machine for 1" seam guide.
6. Place painters tape on fringe to hold in place.
7. Starting with the top row, sew squares together, with black sides together, so the seam allowances show on top. Sew the squares together forming nine rows of seven squares.
8. Sew the nine rows together to form the quilt.
9. Sew around outside of quilt with the 1" seam allowance. Remove painter's tape.
- Rotate the mat and flip it over so the cutting mat wears evenly.
- After the mat has been used several times, remove excess fleece in the grooves with a damp paper towel.
- Die-cutting plate will fill up with fleece. Carefully use the pick tool to clean it.
- Cut square edges can be difficult to release. Use tweezers & gently release from die plate. Do not pull, or the
fleece will stretch & distort the edges.
- Use caution when working with the die cut because the blades are extremely sharp.