Fleur-de-lis Chain Necklace
Project courtesy of Blue Moon Beads®
Designed by Yelena Yershova
Skill level 2
Some jewelry-making experience helpful
Approximate Crafting Time: 1 hour
SUPPLIES and TOOLS:
- 1 Fleur-de-lis gold metal pendant
- Burnished gold chain, 3 packages each: medium, small
- 1 Burnished gold lobster clasp
- Burnished gold jump rings, 6 each: 4mm, 6mm
- Wire cutters
- Chain-nose pliers
- Bent-nose pliers
1. Cut the small burnished gold chain into three pieces: 16½, 17½ and 18½ lengths.
2. Cut the medium burnished gold chain into three pieces: 17", 18" and 19" lengths.
3. Attach two 6mm burnished gold jump rings to the bail of the metal pendant.
4. Connect the metal pendant to the middle oval link of the longest 19" chain piece, using four 4mm burnished
gold jump rings.
5. Place all six chain pieces in length order, placing the longest chain with the pendant at the bottom.
6. Attach two 6mm jump rings to all six chains on the one side of the necklace, by opening jump ring and sliding
all six last chain links in the length order on it. Close jump ring. Thread the second jump ring exactly
as the first.
7. Repeat Step 6 for the opposite side of the necklace.
8. Attach the burnished gold lobster clasp using 4mm burnished gold jump rings.
Due to the seasonal nature of many projects, supplies may be available for a limited time only. Please read all instructions prior to beginning; read and follow all manufacturers’ instructions for all tools and materials used. Provide adult supervision if children participate in this or any craft project. Because Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. has no control over surroundings or the use of materials and tools during construction of projects, Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. disclaims any liability for injury, damage or other untoward results. Content of this How To sheet is presented in good faith, but no warranty is given, nor results guaranteed. ©2008 Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. All rights reserved.