Floral and Chiffon Dress
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Simplicity® pattern 2398
- Fabric per pattern direction including chiffon
- 1-1/2 yd. of 3" lace trim
- 18" zipper
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Iron & pressing surface
1. Follow pattern instructions for view D with the exception of the following: Omit the halter top straps.
2. Attach lace sleeves after garment is completed. Measure trim length to ensure sleeves are wide enough for arm movement. Sew lace to the side of bodice seam, with right sides together, so that the lace seam does not show. Measure the back, half way from the side seam to center back for placement of the lace. Sew right sides together and stitch lace to bodice.
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 package of jewelry findings
- 1 package of copper headpins
- 1 package of metal jump rings
- 1 package or strand of 6mm bronze pearls
- 1 package or strand of 8mm bronze pearls
- Assorted metallic and bronze beads
- 3/4" beige satin ribbon
- Beading wire or clear cord
- Round nose pliers
- Wire cutters
- Crimping pliers
1. Cut about 8"of beading wire or clear cord. Cut about two 20" lengths of 3/4" ribbon.
2. Make about 72 beaded dangles by threading one large bead and one small bead and finishing with a fancy loop.
3. With the cord on one end secure a medium size jump ring with a crimp bead. Don’t trim off tail – thread the tail through several beads then trim off excess.
4. At the other end of the cord thread on one bead then three beaded dangles. Repeat and end with the bead.
5. Finish the beaded strand by repeating step three.
6. Fold one of the lengths of ribbon in half; face side out. Thread the folded end through the jump ring making a loop, pass the ends of the ribbon through the ribbon loop. Pull but not too tight.
7. Repeat the previous step for the other side.
8. Trim the ends of the ribbon to be all the same length. Trim straight across and clamp the ribbon crimps.
9. Finish by linking the clasp on each end.
Approx Crafting Time: 1-2 Hours