Floral Arrangement with Linen Slip Cover
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 5” x 5” round glass vase
- 1/8 yd linen fabric
- Basic sewing supplies
- Sewing machine
- Panaceacrystal clear resin (1 pkg)
- Asparagus fern (1 stem)
- Vanilla wild daisy stem (1)
- 26” white Queen Ann lace spray (1)
- 30” green thistle stem (1)
- 31” white Shasta daisy sprays (3)
- 23” green rosehip sprays (2)
- Cloth-covered wire (1 pkg)
- Cutting utensils
- Hot glue gun & glue sticks
For fabric vase slipcover:
- Cut seven 3”x5” rectangles of fabric on grain. Pull threads out from all sides of each piece to slightly unravel the edges.
- Sew the long sides together using a 3/8” seam allowance, forming a tube that fits over the vase. Slip the tube around the vase; it should easily slide on. Unravel a few more threads on each long seam allowance and finger press the seams open.
- Mix clear resin following package directions.
- Trim stems and form into a hand-tied bouquet. Secure with wire.
- Insert bouquet into container. Allow to dry.
- Slip cloth covering onto vase.