Floral Quilling Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Thin paper strips for quilling: scrapbook papers, ticket stubs, old love letters and other paper mementos
- Quilling tool
- X-Acto knife & cutting mat
- Tacky glue
- Tiger tail, 1 spool
- 3mm & 4mm Blue Moon glass pearl beads, 1 pkg each
- 1 Clasp set
- Crimp beads
- Crimp tool
- Bent-nose pliers
- Wire cutter
- 6mm jump rings, 2
- 1/4 yd Tulle
- 1/4" wide Organdy ribbon, 1/4 yd
- Hand sewing needle
- Optional book: "The Art of Paper Quilling, Designing Handcrafted Gifts and Cards"
- Using paper strips for quilling, make several flower shapes in various sizes and colors. Set aside.
- Cut two pieces of tiger tail about 12" long.
- Attach one end of one tiger tail strand to clasp using crimp bead and crimp tool. Trim excess wire.
- String glass pearl beads for about 8 to 9 inches.
- Attach one 6mm jump ring to opposite end using a crimp bead and crimp tool. Trim excess wire. Set aside.
- Repeat steps 3-5 for second tiger tail strand.
- Cut 2 pieces of tiger tail – one 8" long and another 10" long.
- Attach tiger tail strands to jump ring. Adjust the 8" strand to measure approximately 6" and the 10" strand to measure approximately 8".
- Lay paper flowers out on work surface so they fit nicely between the 2 pearl strands and on top of the 2 tiger tail strands.
- Cut 2 pieces of tulle slightly larger than your flower layout, following the outline of the flower shapes. Cut two large strips of tulle (about 3/4"W x 3"L) to tie onto necklace at the sides.
- Sandwich the two tiger tail wires between the tulle. Hand stitch the tulle together close to the tiger tail wire.
- Tie the tulle onto the necklace at jump rings. Trim tulle to desired length.
- Cut two pieces of organdy ribbon each 2-1/2" long. Tie onto necklace at jump rings. Trim.
- Glue paper flower in place on top of the tulle following desired layout. Let dry.
- Add glass pearl beads to flower centers. Let dry.