Flower and Leaf Beaded Necklace
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 38 round 6mm cracked beads, green
- 27 frosted glass flower beads, green
- 6 frosted glass leaf beads, green
- 14 round flower spacers, silver
- 4 crimp beads silver
- Lobster clasp, silver
- 6-ft tiger tail
- Wire cutters
- Crimper pliers
- Cut three 24"-lengths of tiger tail; string 3 flower beads on center of each strand.
- String necklace on one side, passing the 3 tiger tail ends together through in the following order: 6mm cracked bead, flower spacer, leaf bead, flower spacer and 6mm cracked bead.
- Split tiger tail ends; string 3 flower beads on each strand.
- Pass the 3 tiger tail ends together through: 6mm cracked bead, flower spacer, leaf bead, flower spacer, 6mm cracked bead, flower spacer, leaf bead, flower spacer, 6mm cracked bead and flower spacer.
- Repeat steps 2 to 4 on other side of necklace.
- Pass the 3 tiger tail ends on one side together through a crimp bead; secure using crimper pliers.
- Pass the 3 tiger tail ends on the other side together through a 2nd crimp bead; tighten to arrange flower beads in a ball shape. Secure crimp bead.
- Cut 2 of 3 tiger tails on one side of necklace.
- String fourteen 6mm cracked beads. These beads have rather large holes, so 1st bead will completely cover secured crimp bead.
- Attach lobster clasp using crimping technique.
- Repeat steps 8 through 10 on other side of necklace.