Idea Market Flower Art
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Design It: ® Silks & Naturals®: 2 Dry Foam Bricks
- 8" paper maché letters: “G", "R", "O", "W”
- Ranunculus sprays: 3 peach (3) & green (3)
- Hydrangea stems: cream (2) & green (2)
- Green pom-pom mum sprays (4)
- Fabric quilt square in coordinating color
- Sharp straight edge knife
- Wire cutters
- Low-temp glue gun & glue sticks
- Craft blade or razor knife
1. Use the craft blade or razor knife to cut along the top edge of the letters. The front of the letters will peel off pretty easily once the seam is cut. Remove all the fronts from the letters and remove any paper spacers inside the letters.
2. Cut sections of dry foam from the bricks to fill in the letters. The sections should be 1" thick by 1-1/2" wide by however long it needs to be to fit in the sections of each letter. Fill in the letters piece by piece until all letters are filled with foam. Glue the foam to secure in place.
3. Cut the Ranunculus and the mums from the stems leaving a 1" stem. Insert the flowers into the foam of each letter. Distribute the colors/styles of flowers evenly throughout all the letters.
4. Cut apart the hydrangea blossoms into small clusters. Glue the clusters around the flowers to completely fill in each letter.
5. Tear 1/2" strips of the fabric and glue around the outside edge of each letter.