SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Gift bag with handle
- Linen scraps
- Crushed tulle scraps
- Felt scrap – white or natural
- Flower stamp
- Inkpad – Olive Green
- Sewing machine
- Orange thread
- Coordinating cardstocks, green polka dot
- Glue stick
1. Stamp a flower on linen using the inkpad. Layer the stamped square over a felt layer, over another linen layer. Stitch loosely around the outline of the flower several times (for even more freedom in stitching, lower the feed dogs, and guide the fabric manually. Cut excess fabric from the flower design.
2. Layer the flower over 8 layers of crushed tulle, and secure the layers with 3 French knots. Trim away the excess tulle.
3. Cut two larger flowers from paper, ink the edges, and stitch together around the outside edges. Set aside.
4. Cut a stem and leaf from paper and stitch loosely with orange thread; leave thread tails attached. Glue the stem and leaf to the front of the gift bag.
5. Glue on the paper flower on to bag and then the fabric flower in center of paper flower.