SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/4 yd each, Casa Collection chiffon: Blue Jewel, Fuchsia
- 1/4 yd Casa Collection organza, Blue Jewel
- Dritz 1/4" braided elastic
- 1 yd black trim
- Sewing machine
- Basic sewing supplies
- Candle, book of matches
- Small bowl of water
Cut 2"x4" piece of chiffon. Fold outer edges in 1/2". Fold in half lengthwise; pin. Gather end-to-end with running stitch along open edge. Roll gathered piece into flower shape. Tightly wrap thread 2 or 3 times around the bottom. Stitch through wrapped section. Embellish.
Enlarge pattern to desired size. Cut 5 flower shapes of organza using pattern. Hold edge of 1 flower close to, but not touching, candle flame. Have bowl of water in case flower touches flame. Fabric edge will melt & curl slightly. Turn, curling around the edge. Repeat for each organza flower piece. Layer flower shapes; alternate curled edges. Stitch through center. Embellish with beads.
- Cut 22" of trim. Turn each end under & stitch with black thread to prevent raveling.
- Cut 25"x3" strip of chiffon. Gather 1 end of chiffon; weave in & out of braid; leave some fabric hanging from each end.
- Cut 10" of 1/4" elastic. Stitch elastic to form a loop. Sew onto ends of trim to form headband. Check for fit.
- Fold in extra chiffon at each end; stitch. Embellish with fabric flowers.
GATHERED TUBE HEADBAND:
- Cut 72"x3" piece of organza. Fold fabric in half lengthwise and pin. Fold each short end in 1/2". Stitch length with a 1/4" seam allowance. Turn tube right side out.
- Cut 22" of 3/4" elastic. Feed elastic through tube, gathering while scrunching. Stitch elastic ends together. Stitch organza ends together. Check for fit. Embellish with fabric flowers.