SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1/8 yd purple knit
- 1/8 yd black knit
- 1/8 yd off-white knit
- 1/8 yd tan knit
- 1½ yds of decorative ribbon
- Blue Moon Beads® products:
- Metal ribbon clasps
- Glass pearls, 50 pc
- 24" large loop, silver chain
- Glass pearls, 65 pc
- 14" glass seed bead strands
- 1 pkg Cousin® Jewelry Basics black chain
- Sewing needle
- Matching thread
- Pinking shears
- Tacky glue
1. Create rose-shaped flowers from knit by cutting 2" in width and lengths of 7", 10", 15". Twist knit to create a tube-like look. Begin to twist and roll around the center of the knit flower. At the end of the strip put a small dot of glue to hold in place.
2. To create carnation flowers, cut 1 piece 3" by 10" and another 2" by 8" with pinking shears. Using needle and thread, insert needle in bottom of carnation knit strips, 1/4" from one long edge. Create a large basting stitch and gather knit on string as you go along. Create the carnation by gathering around in a circular-like fashion.
3. Create knit leaves by cutting two triangles and rounding two of the edges
4. Cut ribbon in half.
5. Attach 3 metal ribbon clasps to one end of each ribbon to hold chain.
6. Attach black chain.
7. Cut a 1"x14" piece of black knit and weave in and out of silver chain loops. Attach to ribbon clasps.
8. Attach small strand of glass pearls to last ribbon clasps.
9. Sew knit flowers and leaves in desired area to ribbon. Have more detailing on one side than the other.
10. Sew glass beads in place as desired.
11. Glue large glass pearl beads in gaps where flowers did not cover and inside large knit carnation piece.
12. Wear so the chains are longer on one side than the other.