SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- 1 skein ea. Lion Brand® Vanna’s Choice®: Kelly Green (A), Scarlet (B)
- 1 skein Lion Brand® Vanna’s Glamour®: Topaz (C)
- Lion Brand® crochet hook size H-8 (5 mm)
- Lion Brand® stitch marker
- Lion Brand® large-eyed blunt needle
- Fiberfill stuffing
GAUGE: Exact gauge is not essential for this project.
1. Ornament is made from 3 pieces: Front, Back, and Flower.
2. Front and Back are worked in continuous rnds with RS facing at all times. Do not join or turn at end of rnds.
3. Flower is worked in joined rnds with 2 strands of C held tog. Wind C into 2 separate balls before beg.
4. Materials are sufficient to make multiple Ornaments.
FRONT AND BACK
With A, ch 2.
Rnd 1 (RS): Work 6 sc in first ch. Place marker for beg of rnd; move marker up as each rnd is completed.
Rnd 2: Work 2 sc in each st around – 12 sts at the end of this rnd.
Rnd 3: *2 sc in next st, sc in next st; rep from * around – 18 sts.
Rnd 4: *2 sc in next st, sc in next 2 sts; rep from * around – 24 sts.
Rnd 5: *2 sc in next st, sc in next 3 sts; rep from * around – 30 sts.
Rnd 6: *2 sc in next st, sc in next 4 sts; rep from * around – 36 sts.
With 2 strands of C held tog, ch 8; join with sl st in first ch to form a ring.
Rnd 1 (RS): Ch 2 (counts as hdc), hdc in ring, (ch 5, 3 hdc in ring) 5 times, ch 5, hdc in ring; join with sl st in top of beg ch – 18 hdc and 6 ch-5 sps.
Rnd 2: *Ch 1, sk next hdc, (sc, hdc, 5 dc, hdc, sc) in next ch-5 sp, ch 1, sk next hdc, sl st in next hdc; rep from * around – 6 petals.
Hold Front and Back with WS tog and sts matching.
Rnd 1 (RS): Working through both thicknesses, join B with sc in any st along edge, sc in each st around; lightly stuff Ornament before completing rnd; join with sl st in first st – 36 sts.
Rnd 2: Ch 4, sl st in same st as join (picot made), *sl st in next 2 sts, (sl st, ch 4, sl st) in next sc (picot made); rep from to last 2 sts, sl st in last 2 sts – 12 picots. Fasten off.
Sew Flower to Front of Ornament.
Knot a length of yarn to top of Ornament for hanging loop.
Weave in ends.
SIZE: About 4" diameter
beg = begin(ning)
ch = chain
ch-sp = space previously made
dc = double crochet
hdc = half double crochet
rep = repeat
RS = right side
rnd(s) = round(s)
sc = single crochet
sk = skip
sl st = slip stitch
sp(s) = space(s)
st(s) = stitch(es)
tog = together
WS = wrong side