Flower Pot Candy Bowl
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Terra cotta clay pot & saucer
- DecoArt Patio Paints: Blue Bahama, Bright Lime Green, Azalea, Petunia Purple, Marigold
- Foamies craft foam sheets: green, pink, yellow
- Spray varnish
- 2 large buttons
- Embroidery floss & blunt needle
- Green chenille stem
- Spouncers sponge brushes
- Decorative-edged shears
- Aleene's Original Tacky Glue
- Circle templates (optional)
DIRECTIONS: Refer to photo.
- Paint pot & saucer Blue Bahama Patio Paint. Paint center of terra cotta clay saucer Bright Lime Green Patio Paint. Apply several coats for good coverage. Allow paint to dry between coats.
- Squeeze small puddles of Azalea, Purple & Marigold Patio Paint onto a plate. Apply dots to the surface of the clay pot and saucer. Clean the Spouncers sponge brush between each color. Seal with spray varnish.
- Fold green chenille stem in half and twist slightly for strength.
- Cut circles for the 2-sided flower and pot lid. Trim circles with decorative-edged shears.
- Thread floss through the buttons.
- Glue the layers together, position the chenille stem between the flower layers. Cut a leaf shape with slits; slide over chenille stem. Cut small holes in the centers of the pot lid circles.
- When glue is dry, assemble. Fill with wrapped candies.