SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Linen scraps
- Crushed tulle scraps
- Felt scrap – white or natural
- Flower stamp
- Sentiment stamp
- Orange embroidery floss and needle
- Inkpad – Olive Green
- Sewing machine
- Orange thread
- 2 Coordinating cardstocks, patterned
- Glue stick
- Hole punch
1. Stamp a flower on linen using the inkpad. Layer the stamped square over a felt layer, over another linen layer. Stitch loosely around the outline of the flower several times (for even more freedom in stitching, lower the feed dogs, and guide the fabric manually.) Cut excess fabric from the flower design.
2. Layer the flower over 8 layers of crushed tulle, and secure the layers with 3 French knots. Trim away the excess tulle.
3. Ink Sentiment and stamp on linen scrap, stitch around sentiment several times and then fray edges.
4. Attach to flower with button & floss, refer to photo.
5. Using 2 pattern cardstocks create a tag shape approximately 4" x 6", cut one cardstock 1/4" smaller than other. Layer and stitch the 2 pieces together. Hole punch at top.
6. Glue stitched flower/sentiment to tag.
7. Use a 1/2" x 16" piece of linen as ribbon, thread through punched hole and tie tag to bag handle.