Flower Tie Dye Bracelet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rit® Color Perfect Citrus Orange
- Disposable bowl
- Rhinestone buttons
- 13" cotton lace trim
- Flip-flop clip or wooden flower
- Sewing needle & thread
- Latex gloves
- Old towel
- Paper towels
- Plastic table cover
- White vinegar
- Heat gun (optional)
1. Lay plastic table cover on the working surface. Put on rubber or latex gloves.
2. Pour 1/2 the bottle of Rit® Color Perfect Citrus Orange liquid dye in a disposable bowl.
3. Place lace ribbon in the liquid dye solution. Let it set for 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the dyed ribbon when desired color is achieved and place onto a foil pan. Allow to dry. Pour remaining dye back into the dye bottle for later use.
4. Optional: Speed up drying process using a heat tool, like a heat gun.
5. Coat the flip-flop clip/wooden flower with white vinegar. Allow to dry. Place the flip-flop clip in a disposable bowl, pour Rit Color Perfect Citrus Orange liquid dye over the flip-flop clip until immersed. Lit et set for 1/2 hour or until desired color is achieved. Place on foil to dry.
6. To assemble the bracelet, thread a sewing needle with thread and stitch on the dyed flip-flop clip to the middle of the bracelet. Then attach the rhinestone button to the center of the flip flop clip.
7. Tie bracelet on wrist.
Optional variations: Cut a larger piece of lace and turn into a necklace, or apply fabric tac after stitching on the flower and button for extra durability.