Flowery Head Wreath
- Fiskars® hammer punch
- Cricut® personal electronic cutter
- Cricut® flower cartridge
- Xyron® 510 sticker machine
- Xyron® 510 adhesive cartridge
- Glitter pack
- Poster board: green, white
- Narrow ribbons
- Scallop shears
- Tacky glue
- Scrap paper
- Eyelets, eyelet setter
DIRECTIONS: Option: Cut out flowers by hand, apply glue by hand and assemble in the same sequence.
1. Measure child’s head. Scallop-cut a strip of poster board 1 1/4" x 1" shorter than head measurement. Insert 2 eyelets near each end of the strip.
2. Use the Cricut personal electronic cutter to cut 8 green 2 1/2" flowers from poster board, 8 white 2" flowers, 8 large white circles & 8 small white small circles for flower centers.
3. Run all the white shapes through the Xyron® sticker machine, following the manufacturer’s directions.
4. ASSEMBLE FLOWERS: Use a fresh piece of scrap paper with each glitter color. Peel smallest circle from adhesive backing. Shake glitter on the sticky side; tap excess onto the paper. Replace scrap paper. Attach the non-glittered side of the small circle to the adhesive side of the larger circle. Shake new glitter color over all layers, tapping excess onto the paper. Replace scrap paper. Attach circles to the adhesive side of the flower. Shake new glitter color over all layers; tap excess onto paper. Repeat to make eight glittered 3-layer flowers. Glue a glitter flower to a green flower with tacky glue and Allow to dry. Repeat on all flowers.
5. Glue flowers to head band; allow to dry. Gently bend flower strip into a ring. Tie several ribbon streamers through the bottom 2 eyelets & knot. Thread a ribbon through the top 2 eyelets to tied when the wreath is worn.