Flowery Knitted Fleece Scarf
- Fleece, 1/2 yd fleece each: 5 colors
- Knitting needles: size 35
- Scissors or rotary cutter & mat
- Chalk or marking pen
- 9 colorful buttons
- Needle & thread
DIRECTIONS: WOF = Width of Fabric.
1. Cut 1/2"xWOF strips of fleece. Trim selvege. Save 2 1/2"x9" strip of each color for flowers.
2. Cast on 9 stitches of 1 fleece strip. Knit strip until 7" remain. Knit in next strip. Leave 4" ends to hang freely. Trim if necessary.
3. Knit fleece strips in desired color pattern. Cast off.
4. To make flowers: Cut two 2" circles in one color of fleece. Make small cuts around circle edges toward center.
5. Lay circles on top of each other. Secure center of circles with a stitched-on button.
6. Repeat to make 9 flowers.
7. Sew flowers to scarf.