Flowery Watercolor Spring Bonnet
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Crayola®:Erasable Colored PencilsScissorsSchool GlueWashable Watercolors
- Coffee filters
- Poster board
- Paper bowl
1. Cover area with recycled newspaper. Using Crayola Erasable Pencils, draw a large circle on poster board. This will be the brim of the bonnet. Ask an adult to cut it out with Crayola scissors
2. Draw a circle in the middle of the brim that’s slightly smaller than the paper bowl. Ask an adult to cut out the circle.
3. Put Crayola School Glue around the rim of the bowl. Attach it upside down to the opening in the brim. Allow to dry.
4. Paint coffee filters with Crayola Washable Watercolors in a variety of bright flower and leaf colors. Allow to dry.
5. Fold each filter in half and in half again. Hold at the point. Open the folds into flower petals or leaves. Glue flowers and leaves all around the brim.
6. For ribbon streamers, watercolor a design on paper. Allow to dry. Cut into long strips. Glue strips to the back of bonnet.