TOOLS & SUPPLIES:
- DCWV™ Mariposa Cardstock Stack: with butterfly cutout on cover
- Butterfly border stickers
- Butterfly templates
- Narrow ribbon
- Copper wire
- Small black brads
- Eyelets, setting tools
- Self-adhesive rhinestones
- Turquoise thread
- Small adhesive dots
- Wire cutters, round-nose pliers
- Glitter glue
- Small flower punch
- Spring punch: to fit brads
- Optional: dowel or branch
1. Scan the butterfly cutout on the Stack cover. Reduce the scan to 80% and 60% to make three templates.
2. Cut out butterfly shapes. Each butterfly consists of one or two butterfly layers, front & back bodies with ribbon placed between.
3. Stack the layers and sew up the middle with a zigzag stitch.
4. Punch two holes in head and insert brads, for eyes.
5. Cut two 3" lengths of copper wire and curl one end of each, for antennae. Roll the straight end against a small adhesive dot, so the dot encircles the wire end. Insert wire and dot between the two heads, and secure by squeezing the layers together.
6. Embellish the butterfly with stickers, rhinestones, phrases, eyelets & glitter glue.
7. Hang from a dowel or branch, for a mobile, or suspend from the ceiling.
8. If desired, make extra butterflies to decorate boxes & gift bags.