Fluttering Feather Earrings
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Duck cosse feathers (12)
- Fold-over crimp findings
- Wire cutters
- Jump rings: small & large
- Earring hooks
- Select 12 feathers, six for each earring.
- Strip the fuzzy bottom part from each feather to expose 1" of quill.
- Place the stripped quill into the center of the fold-over crimp piece. Gently push the folds down to secure the feather quill. Trim off leftover quill. Repeat for each of the feathers. Place crimped feathers on small jump rings.
- Cut 6 chains in a variety of lengths from 1" to 3". Place three lengths of chain on one large jump ring and the other three lengths of chain on a second large jump ring.
- Attach a crimped feather to each end of the chains.
- Attach the remaining six feathers to the two large jump rings.
- Attach the large jump rings to the earring hooks.