1. Ask an adult to cut butterfly shapes from sheet foam or use a cookie cutter.
2. Paint all Styrofoam balls green, and butterfly bodies pink. When dry, recoat if desired.
3. To make polka dots, dip handle end of round brush in paint and dot wings. Paint other wing details with purple.
4. Slightly flatten two sides of 1" balls; adhere to each other with craft glue. Slightly flatten one side of 2" ball; attach to caterpillar body. Use craft glue to attach bodies to butterfly wings.
5. Cut chenille stems into (12) 2" pieces. Insert in caterpillar body for legs and head for antennae.