SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Bamboo pole (cut in half)
- Foamie®, large, 2mm: yellow, aqua, red
- Brads (coordinating colors)
- Exacto knife
- Aleene’s™ tacky glue
1. Cut two Yellow Foamie 9-1/4"x7" rectangles and roll into a cylinder 7" tall. Overlap 1/2" and push three brads along the length, but do not spread the prongs on the two end brads.
2. Cut an Aqua rectangle 9"x10". Leaving a top and bottom 1" margin, cut slits every 1/2" with an Exacto® knife, on a protected surface.
3. Wrap the aqua Foamie® around the yellow Foamie® and secure the two layers together all along the top with brads at 1" intervals; trim off excess overlap. Secure the layers at the bottom next, fanning the Foamie at the slits. Secure with brads.
4. Cut a narrow handle from Foamie and glue it between the yellow and aqua layers. Cut a 1" wide strip of yellow Foamie®, squeeze a line of glue over the brad prongs on the top of lantern.