FOLIAGE PLAQUE HOOK
Courtesy of JOANN Fabric and Craft Stores®
1. Base coat the plaque with white paint, allow to dry.
2. Using the medium flat brush, paint the plaque colors coordinating with the room. Paint with two similar colors when wet to create a washed affect and add dimension. The plaques pictured were painted with maroon/purple, yellow/tan and turqouise/green. Allow to dry.
3. Lightly pencil a foliage pattern onto the plaque.
4. Paint over the penciled lines with white paint using a detail brush, allow to dry.
5. Place the hanging bars on the back of the plaque and hammer in place.
CHUNKY CROCHET COWL
Courtesy of Coats & Clark®
6 sts = 4" (10 cm); 3 rows = 4" (10 cm). Gauge is not critical for this project.
Cowl measures 8" x 34" (20.5 x 86.5 cm)
Row 1 (right side): Dc in 3rd ch from hook (beginning ch do not count as first dc) and in each ch across, turn—10 dc.
Row 2: Ch 2 (does not count as dc here and throughout), dc in each dc across, turn.
Repeat Row 2 until piece measures 33" (84 cm) or desired length.?Joining Row: With wrong side of first and last row held together and working through both thicknesses, ch 1, sc in each dc—10 sc.
Weave in ends.?
ch = chain;
dc = double crochet
sc = single crochet
st(s) = stitch(es)
HAT IN A FLASH
Courtesy of Lion Brand®
Finished Circumference About 18” (45.5 cm), will stretch to fit a range of sizes.
3-1/2 sts = about 4” (10 cm) in Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side).
BE SURE TO CHECK GAUGE.
1. Hat is worked in one piece, back and forth in rows, and then seamed.
2. Hat begins with a ribbed edge, then changes to Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side).
3. Because yarn is super bulky, you can use fingers to weave in the yarn ends.
With A, cast on 17 stitches.
Row 1 (RS): Knit 2, *purl 1, knit 2; repeat from * to end of row.
Row 2: Purl 2, *knit 1, purl 2; repeat from * to end of row.
Rows 3 and 4: Repeat Rows 1 and 2.
Row 5: Knit.
Row 6: Purl.
Repeat Rows 5 and 6 for Stockinette stitch (knit on right side, purl on wrong side
until piece measures about 10” (25.5 cm) from beginning, end with a purl (wrong side) row as the last row you work.
Next (Decrease) Row: *Knit 1, knit 2 stitches together; repeat from * to last 2 stitches, knit last 2 stitches.
Cut yarn, leaving a long yarn tail. With fingers, thread yarn tail through rem 12 sts. Pull to gather and knot securely. Weave yarn tail in and out of sides of piece for the back seam.
Following package directions, with B, make a pom-pom and tie to top of Hat.
With fingers, weave in yarn ends.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>