1. Cut two brown ovals, one white circle, and two brown circles from felting roll sheets using Fuse Creativity System®. Standard crafting felt won’t work for this project; Felting wool must be used which is much thicker and more durable.
2. From the brown felt circle, cut away two “leaf” shapes. The piece remaining will be the fox’s face and the point is his snout. The “leaves” will become the ears.
3. Lay the brown felt mask on top of the white felt circle and place them on a styrofoam block.
4. With felting needle, begin jabbing the needle into the felt layers in an up and down motion. Work around the mask. The needle has a barb, and by moving it up and down,this will agitate the fibers and eventually they will cling together and the layers will merge. Felting needles are quite sharp; pay close attention!
5. Place the ears on top of the fox’s head. Use felting needle to join the layers.
6. Cut a tiny dark brown oval from a felt scrap to create the nose. Use felting needle to attach it to the tip of his snout.
7. Cut the edge of the second brown circle off to create the tail. Cut a scrap of white for the tip, and felt these two layers together with needle.
8. Felt the tail to one of the brown ovals.
9. Place the two brown ovals together, and work around the outer edge with felting needle. Avoid the center of the ovals and leave the bottom end open.
10. Fold the fox’s face in half so the ears point upward and the nose points down. Place the fox’s body between the two layers of the folded circle, and pin all of the pieces to styrofoam block. Felt the layers together where the fox’s face and body overlap. Many layers are being worked together, so give this area a lot of attention with the felting needle.
11. After the head and body are joined, put a small amount of stuffing into the body. Use needle to work along the edges of the open end and seal the body closed.
12. Use a needle and thread to attach a small loop of rick-rack to the back of the fox’s head.
1. Cut two ovals from the brown felt, one white circle, and one blue circle with Fuse.
2. From the blue felt circle, cut away two “leaf” shapes. The piece remaining will be the owl’s beak and ears. The “leaves” will become the wings.
3. Lay the remaining blue piece on top of the white felt circle and place them on a styrofoam block. Join pieces together using a felting needle. Important: join the pieces ONLY at the beak and top of the circle, not the area in the center. If felt in the center, the ears won’t pop up when assembling the owl.
4. Cut two small brown felt circles for eyes and felt them to the owl’s face.
5. Felt the two wings to the top layer of the owl’s body.
6. Place the two brown ovals together, and work around the outer edge with felting needle. Avoid the center of the ovals and leave the bottom end open.
7. Fold the owl’s face in half fold so the beak points downward. Place the owl’s body between the two layers of the folded circle, and pin all of the pieces to styrofoam block. Felt the layers together where the owl’s head and body overlap.
8. Fold the owl’s ears up. Attach a rick-rack loop to the back of the ornament using a needle and thread.
You can usually expect delivery within 6-10 business days from your order date (business days are Monday-Friday, excluding Holidays). You’ll receive an email with tracking information when your order is shipped. Please allow up to 5 business days to receive your tracking information.
Some items sent directly from our suppliers may take longer, and will ship separate from the remainder of your order.
Please note that Singer sewing machines cannot be shipped to Guam, Puerto Rico or the U.S. Virgin Islands or to military bases overseas.
Most items will give you the option to upgrade your shipping method for faster delivery. If you choose to upgrade your shipping method, your order must be received by 11:00 AM ET or your order may not be processed until the following business day.
For more details & pricing. See our Full Shipping Policy >
Creativity shouldn’t be complicated, so you can return items for FREE any time to our stores for a hassle-free refund with a smile. Personalized Fabric and Custom Headboards purchased online cannot be returned. You can also return online items by mail. See Full Return Policy for Details>