SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Tulip® One-Step Tie-Dye Kit®: Luau
- Tulip® Fabric Markers®: Multi-Fine 6 Pack Primary
- White 100% cotton T-shirt
- Plastic table cover
- Light colored chalk pencil
- Plastic zip ties
- Freezer paper
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
1. Prewash fabric without fabric softener. Do not dry.
2. Cover work surface with plastic table cover. Lay damp fabric flat on work surface.
3. Fold shirt in half lengthwise.
4. Draw half of a heart on fold, using chalk pencil.
5. Accordion fold the fabric along heart outline, forcing it into a straight line.
6. Use a zip tie to secure pleats. Tie remaining shirt into even sections with two more zip ties.
7. Prepare dye following package instructions.
8. Apply Lime dye to tied section after center heart tie.
9. Apply Fuchsia dye to next section and Orange dye to remainder of the T-shirt.
10. Cover fabric with plastic table cover. Let set 6-8 hours.
11. Rinse fabric in warm water until water runs clear. Remove rubber bands.
12. Fill washer to large load setting with hottest water suitable for fabric and a small amount of non-bleach laundry detergent. Wash and dry separately for the first few washes.
13. Iron a large piece of freezer paper to inside front of shirt to provide stable drawing surface and prevent ink from seeping through to back side of shirt.
14. Use Black fabric marker to fill in white center heart shape with doodle flower shapes as desired.
15. Remove freezer paper from inside shirt.