Forest Bark Planter
SUPPLIES & TOOLS:
- Rectangle-shaped, galvanized metal container
- Styrofoam brand florist foam block
- 1 pkg reindeer moss
- 3 pkgs Super Moss Brand deco bark
- Sticky floral clay
- Duck Tape duct tape
- 3 cream/green protea sprays
- Cycas bush
- 2 flame red Gloriosa lily sprays
- Fall cottonwood hanging bush
- 39" curly willow spray
- Maidenhair fern bush
- Glue gun, sticks
- Wire cutters
- Sharp knife
Refer to PDF/photo for placement of items.
- Wrap outside of container with Duck Tape (glue will not adhere directly to metal).
- Glue pieces of bark to outside of container. Allow each side to dry before moving to the next. If pieces are too large or too thick, use wire cutters or knife to break layers apart.
- Cut florist foam to fit container. Cover bottom of the block with clay. Push down firmly.
- Place dab of glue on end of protea stems and insert into florist foam.
- Repeat adding cycas bush.
- Fill in with gloriosa, cottonwood and fern.
- Add curly willow stem for height.